We Represent Clients Injured by Governmental Entities and Their Employees Throughout Washington
Our federal, state, and municipal governments oversee a variety of activities designed to provide social welfare and other services. Law enforcement, prison administration, mail delivery, healthcare, and works projects (such as road and bridge design) are just a few examples of the services our government provides.
Unfortunately, every year there are an untold number of Americans who are killed and injured as the result of negligence and wrongful actions committed by federal, state, and municipal governments and their employees. When injuries and death result, it does not matter to the person injured or the family of those killed whether the injuries or death was caused by the government or by some other person or company. There is still pain and suffering involved, medical bills to be paid, and tragically, an unfilled void in a family when death results. Those injured and the family members left behind deserve to be fully compensated for their injuries, damages, and loss.
When Governments Cause Injury or Death due to the Negligence of Their Employees, Our Firm Seeks to Hold Them Accountable for the Full Measure of Damages that Result
We are available to represent clients in the following types of matters:
- Car accidents and truck accidents caused by government employees during the course of work, such as accidents caused by the drivers of police vehicles or US mail trucks;
- Police misconduct or mistreatment at the hands of police, in jail, or in prison;
- Foster care abuse or neglect;
- Injuries resulting from unsafe conditions at government buildings, such as a slip and fall at a Post Office or other government building.
- Prosecutorial misconduct;
- Civil rights violations;
- Disclosure in violation of the Public Records Act;
- Negligent road design or improper road maintenance;
- Injuries to children in a school setting resulting from accidents, unsafe playgrounds, or failure to provide security;
- Sexual abuse in the public school system; and
- Dangerous or defective railway crossings.
This is only a partial list of the types of cases we accept against governments.
We Are Experienced in Determining Which Governmental Entities are Responsible
When a serious injury or death results, we seek to hold governments accountable to the fullest extent of the law. When necessary, we hire accident reconstructionists, experts, and others to advance the cases of our clients. We interview witnesses and depose defendants. We take all actions that we believe will be helpful to demonstrate liability and to prove damages.
Get Legal Help
If you have been injured or if a loved one has been killed as the result of the negligence of a government employee or while on government property, please call us. We generally represent personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning that there is no fee to us unless and until we recover a jury award or settlement. We offer a free, no obligation initial consultation so that we can learn about your case and so that you can advise you of the legal options for recovery that may be available. If you retain our firm we will work tirelessly in seeking to advance and prove your case, and to recover for you the full measure of damages to which you may be entitled.
Please call us today at 206-388-0333 to get started.