Did You Know…
There are more than 12 million motor vehicle accidents every year, according to the National Safety Council. Statistically, one in eight drivers will be involved in an accident involving injuries or property damage in the next 12 months.
Causes of Car Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (“NHTSA”) estimates that 34,080 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2012, which was an increase of about 5.3% over 2011. There are many causes of car accidents, including:
- Distracted driving, especially from texting or cell phone usage,
- Alcohol intoxication or drug use,
- Sleep deprivation,
- Dangerous road conditions, including design defects and improperly functioning traffic control devices,
- Road construction, and
- Product liability, such as defective tires.
As Seattle car accident lawyers representing clients throughout Washington State, we thoroughly investigate the car accidents of our clients to uncover all contributing factors in order to identify all those who are responsible. We then seek to recover from those responsible for the full measure of the damages and injuries that have resulted.
Our Job as Your Lawyers Extends Far Beyond the Courtroom
When representing our clients, we:
- Gather and preserve important accident scene evidence (including vehicles and black box event recorders);
- Calculate the full economic value of your damages (such as past and potentially future lost wages);
- Speak with physicians and health care professionals to learn about the likely course of any future medical treatment that may be required); and
- Explain to you the insurance company tricks that are often used to deny liability.
If You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident Due to the Fault of Someone Else, You Should Expect that Defendants and Their Insurance Companies Will Engage in any Tactics Legally Permissible to Avoid or Minimize Liability
Without legal counsel, the playing field is not level; insurance company employees, representatives, and claims adjustors have received significant training in how to act in a way that is ultimately designed to reduce costs and liability for the insurance company.
We Can Help
We offer a free, no obligation consultation so that we may learn about your car accident case, and so that you can ask us any questions that you may have concerning your options for legal recovery. If you retain our firm, unless otherwise agreed, we will serve as your attorneys on a contingency fee basis. This means that there are no fees to us unless and until we recover a settlement or judgment for you.
Please call us today so that we can get started.